To start this post off let me just say my laptop is on 18% battery soooo I better hurry. *smiles nervously*
…I’m too lazy to get my charger.
ANYWAY Landry Park is Downton Abbey meets The Selection…literally imagine Downton Abbey set in a dystopian world….yea…that pretty much sums it up.
I talk about the main points of the story in this video below:
Now moving on to more detailed points. A few things that I really enjoyed Bethany Hagen did in this novel were:
- Story world DEVELOPMENT
- Character Development
- STORY WORLD DEVELOPMENT
- We understand how this corrupted world came to be
- story world development
- instead of the typical love triangle (yawns) this is more like a love square…plus one
- I like how we aren’t lost when it came to the customs of the gentry (the rich people)
My thoughts while reading this book:
- Ewen…there is more to that character….not sure if he’s evil or good…but we’ll see him again
- David…somethings up with that character…he’s hiding something
- Cara….obviously a liar
- old man Jack….WHAT THE HECK!? (this reaction is more towards the end of the novel…once you read it…you’ll understand)
This novel has elements of sci-fi…..the society was created due to a scientific discovery.
I have one thing to ask….CAN THIS BE MADE INTO A MOVIE…PLEASE!? I can totally imagine the posh life…since we can’t have the Selection on the screen…hopefully this novel can become one. 🙂
Sorry it has taken me soooooo long to do a proper book review. School + Slow reader = Long time to post review.
Well that’s all for today folks!