Alrighty. Hello blog readers *waves*
Recently I was asked on twitter what were some of my favorite movies and film makers. I’ve answered this lightly on my ‘about me’ pages throughout the years and every so often I change my answer but I decided for once and for all answer it here! 😀
*Caution* I might forget some movies and film makers and as time goes by the list of films I consider my favorite will only increase. 🙂
Also please keep in mind these are some of my FAVORITE films but there are SOOOOO MANY other films that I also love but I didn’t add to this last.
Favorite Movie Genres:
- Historical (medeviel-1940s)
I also enjoy Sy-fy, Drama, Romance, Comedies, Action, Thrillers, and Fantasy, ONLY when it’s done right (story, film, cast, etc..)
Favorite Historical Movies:
- The Young Victoria
- Cheerful Weather For the Wedding (its on Netflix look it up if you haven’t heard of it)
- One Night With the King
- Passion of the Christ
- On the Waterfront (1957)
- Bonnie and Clyde (1967)
- Les Miserables (2012)
- The Great Gatsby (2013)
- The Artist
- The Queen (2006)
- The King’s Speech
- The Book Thief
- Zero Dark Thirty
- Schindler’s List
- Pride and Prejudice
- Pirates of the Caribbean (1-3) (4 was alright)
- Lord of the Rings (Trilogy)
- Narnia (1-3)
- Alice in Wonderland (2010)
- The Hunger Games (also Catching Fire)
- Ender’s Game
- Avengers (including their individual movies, Captain America, Iron Man,Thor (except Thor 2))
- Stars Wars (all of them)
- Spider-Man (2002)
- The Illusionist
- Decoy Bride (If you have not seen this I HIGHLY recommend you watch it, its on Netflix)
- Pink Panther (2006 and 2009)
- The Devil Wears Prada
- The Proposal
*Sorry not a lot of comedy. I’m kinda skeptical when it comes to comedies and usually they’re kinda cheesy but if you know any good ones please tell me*
- Monsters Inc
- Monsters University
- Sleeping Beauty
- Toy Story
- Meet the Robinsons
These are my top animated favorite movies but I also love all of Disney’s Pixar films and 99% of every disney animation film, from Peter Pan and Emperor’s New Groove, Stitch, to Brave and Frozen. Literally anything Disney I LOVE ❤
Most likely I like any disney original film before 2007. Meaning Cheetah Girls, Zenon, Johnny Capahala, etc.. I was a kid back then and those were my fav movies and if I watch them today they will only give me great memories.
Favorite Film Makers:
- George Lucas
- Steven Spielberg
- Pete Docter
- Lee Unkrich
- Kathryn Bigelow
- Andrew Adamson
- Stephen J. Anderson
- Ridley Scott
- Brian Percival
- Niel Burger
I could list tons more and I haven’t even started on screenwriters which that is whole other category.
Well then I know I could list loads and loads of movies and filmmakers but there is only so much I can fit into a blog post, right?
Why are these your favorite movies?
- The main thing that I usually say is story. STORY STORY STORY. Is what drives me to watch a movie, if the story looks interesting then I’m up for it (that is why I watch book to movie adaptations cause I love the stories).
- The second thing: It transports me to another world. Literally when I watch these movies I forget my problems and focus on the characters and their world even if it’s fantasy or reality. If a movie can take me out of this world and be momentarily transported to another world then its a gem. (another reason why I freaking LOVE Narnia so much)
Why are these your favorite directors?
- One way or another all these directors had to push past criticism and doubt (I’m sure like many others). Also because they believe in the stories they want to tell.
- Particularly you’ll see a lot of animated directors in that list, it’s because they have to stretch their imagination to create a believable world within the virtual reality and I absolutely love when people use their creativity to tell a story. I love Disney and Pixar because everyday they are training their people to always think out of the box when it comes to retelling an old story, or coming up with a new one while maintaing and bringing out their inner child.
Well hopefully that answers that so now you guys know a bit of what I like, I’ll probably be updating it every time I remember a new film or director that I love.
Anyway Happy Movie watching!!!