Hey guys so I went to the special screening of The Giver, which they showed live red carpet interviews with the cast, a live performance from one republic, and of course the movie.
I filmed a video review for this but…I kinda look sleepy in it and miss a few key points that I forgot to mention (sorry it was a late night).
Here’s a list of things I forgot to mention:
- The theme: Faith, Hope, and Love….the theme totally made me give this movie a high rating.
- Not too much romance 😀 I’m glad they kept the romance at a minimum cause it would’ve killed the movie in my opinion.
- Jeff Bridges’ character ‘The Giver’ tells Jonas he loves him before he leaves…that totally touched my heart.
- I was skeptical when I found out Taylor Swift would be in the film but she TOTALLY added depth to her character so that was awesome!
- The whole cast of actors did really great as well with Brenton and Jeff.
*** The movie is NOT exactly like the book.
****BUT Lowis Lowry (the author of The Giver) totally approves and said she loves the film!
**I’ve read the book before and I loved it and seeing it on the big screen was just as great as reading the book! 😀 😀
Now speaking of the book:
- They explain the ending a bit more in the movie
In the screening some of the crew got emotional because they’ve waited 18 years for this film and it really shows the passion and patience they had for this movie. <<< Another reason why I give it a high rating.
Here’s my video review:
I DEFINITELY recommend this movie for EVERYONE. It has a great message and the filming was very unique. Young and old can watch this film and take something out of it.
I rate The Giver a 9/10 😀
THE GIVER COMES OUT AUGUST 15TH!! In Theaters everywhere!
I hope you get to watch this movie soon!